Monday, July 2, 2012

undignified

"...David danced before the Lord with all his might....when Michal saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, she was filled with contempt for Him....she said in disgust "How distinguished the king of Israel looked today, shamelessly exposing himself toe the servant girls like any vulgar person"...David replied "I was dancing before the Lord...I celebrate before the Lord. I am willing to look even more foolish than this, even to be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 14-22 (NLT)

Absolutely love this passage. Think about it. Here we have this high up king of Israel all dolled up in his priestly garments. Getting his groove on. Like those people who always seem to be dancing even when there's no music. And He's going for it, so much so that parts of Him that should not be seen end up visible due to the extreme grooving action going on. Probably more than a bit inappropriate. But David doesn't care. Why? Because God is so worth it.

I so admire people that go for it in worship. You've probably seen them, the crazy ones that are always singing their own tune and jumping so high they almost hit the ceiling. Even though the song is less-than-upbeat. Before I understood, I would look at them as if they were absolutely nuts. Now those people inspire me as I worship.

Enough reading my blog. Go be undignified. He is so worth it.

No comments: