Saturday, November 20, 2010

by all means paint

"if you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint', then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -Vincent Van Gogh
Wow, what an amazing quote. So glad I stumbled across it. I've been learning this week that as you "painting" gets easier and easier each time you do it.

Anyway...

PRAISE REPORT...remember Dave (the fish and chips dude whose knee I got to ask God to heal?). God is in process of healing it! I couldn't go in to the city yesteray so I asked my friend to check up on him on my behalf, and Dave said his knee wasn't bothering him too much, just a couple times that week. And he was beginning to think that maybe this prayer thing is working. God's totally got a hand on him, so keep praying! I'm so excited for the day his 5 years of arthritis is completely healed.

Learning, learning, learning...that's pretty much my life and I love it. I feel like I've learnt so much and there's still so much to learn! These last few weeks we've studied the father heart of God, spiritual warfare, and other things. One question our speaker asked this week was, "What things are you doing that aren't drawing you any closer to God?" What a question that totally needs to be asked on a regular basis, eh?

This weekend has been really relaxing and awesome. I've been a weekend warrior with 4 students which meant we got to clean, cook, and look after the base. It's been sweet to hang with these students and learn our way around the kitchen together. Yesterday we learnt that grilling tortillas directly on the elements here does not work. There may or may not have been a bit of smoke involved. I'm off to go prep lunch-wonder what I'll learn today...

No comments: