Friday, December 17, 2010

which hand?

So. In 5.5 hrs my team and I leave for India. Our first bit consists of a van ride, 3 flights, a long layover, most likely crashing in an airport, a 5ish hr train ride, and then who knows. I'm so so so excited to go bring the light that is Christ to these people and just pour out His love on them. I've been eating with my hand nearly all week in preparation, and just cuz it's so fun, and contemplating whether or not it's possible to go 8 weeks without toilet paper (some of you may be shocked to find out the left hand is quite useful for wiping in India. And even more shocked to know I'm so going to try it!) and cutlery. I shall find out shortly.. .more seriously though, my team has been having some sweet prayer times together. Some things we've been praying is that we're really spirit-led and that God gives us enormous hearts for India. I'm stoked to see what God has in store for these next 2 months and can't wait to hear everyone's stories when we get back to base in February. Next update coming at an unknown future time from another country!

But first, another bone: "I finally understood what true love meant…love meant that you care for another person’s happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be."

No comments: