Tuesday, July 31, 2012

on things above...





Positivity                                      
I've known for a long time that it's supposed to be all about Him. I think this last 6 months I've just been finally grasping that more and more. That He is so worth it. Just speaking from experience it can be so easy to put circumstances before Him. Sickness, tiredness, someone saying something that irks you and suddenly you're not in a good mood. I heard a great sermon once where the preacher asked "are you going to rely on circumstances, or are you going to rely on Him and His promises?" I thought that was an excellent question. Sometimes I don't feel like doing things. It's not about me. Sometimes I'm tired. It's not about me. Sometimes I'm hungry and I don't want to do this or that, I just want to eat. It's not about me. Sometimes I'm sick. It's still not about me. It's incredible how as much as we grow we still have to fight this and lay ourselves down. Like even now though I'm in a great place spiritually, I still don't always feel like worshipping Monday mornings. But I just have to place myself on the altar and say "Jesus, You are so worth it." And it ends up being an amazing time. During a recent worship time with the snowboarders we were talking about laying ourselves on the altar, and the school leader actually put 2 chairs together and laid himself down on them. And many of us followed suit. It was so cool because sometimes we simply talk alot about it - and there's definitely power in speaking things out. But for me doing something physical like that really helps in the spiritual as well. I'll just leave you with one of my favorite scriptures...

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. - Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments: