Tuesday, September 4, 2012

love as a flame of fire

.
I've been getting fresh revelation on what this means and trying to do this more. As we're in staff training here at base, we're being encouraged to have our first priority to be to love God, and to lead out of a place of rest. Through the next few weeks we'll have opportunity to discuss this more and figure out what that looks like for us individually, as obviously we cannot always be just lying down soaking while staffing a school.

This morning we had time to just be with God. Then our speaker ended it and said we could remain there if we liked, but were free to go. So I go up, went to my room, and began to pick up my mess, folding a pile of clean laundry on the floor. That didn't last very long, because I felt God saying "Come away with me. Let's hang out. I'm really not bothered if your room is not in order." So I picked up my new devotional book "Come away my beloved" (which I definitely recommend) and read the first page. Amazingly enough it talked about God's love for me, how it is as a flame of fire and His ardor never cools. I so find that incredible. He is desperate to hang out with us, and says work can wait, that nothing will suffer if we don't finish our to-do list. Neat-as! Anyway. Good day.

Bless you!

No comments: