Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Remain in My Love"

Yesterday and today God has been speaking John 15 to me, a passage about He being the vine and us being the branches. Interesting fact I learnt yesterday, the significance of a grapevine, the reason the writer chose this and not some other tree is that in a grapevine the branches and vine are intertwined - so much so it is hard to tell which is which sometimes. Anyway, I've been meditating on this passage somewhat, esp one phrase where He says "Remain in My Love." That really stood out to me for some reason. And my devotional this morning talked about dwelling in His love, and it was so awesomely rich that I wanted to share part of it with you...

"Behold, thou art in the hollow of Mine hand...thou art in Mine embrace. REST THERE...I give not my Spirit and My love by measure. For I shall open My heart to thee and take thee within...Yea, I shall hide thee in My heart that ye may experience constantly My peace and My joy. And thou shalt go no more in and out; but thou shalt dwell in Me as I have dwelt in you..."   (Come Away My Beloved, Francine Rivers)
I was meditating on what "remain in My love" means this morning, and here's what I wrote in my journal, that I felt Him speaking...

Sweet child, trials may come, circumstances may not be optimal, but know that I will never leave you. Know that when you go through deep waters, I will be with you. Know that when you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. Know that when you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I love you, and my love will find you in the depths of depths. My love will find you in the lowly place. My arms are constantly open, waiting to embrace you and hold you close. My love is constant; it will never fail you. (Rom 8:38-9) It remains a constant refuge for you to enter into and dwell in...
Hope this encourages! Enough reading my blog, go soak up some of Papa's love - He's got so much to lavish out on you.






No comments: