Saturday, September 10, 2011

sleepless and pensive in Oxford...

So, I made it to Oxford. Flew here today-actually, make that yesterday. It is actually too early Sunday morning-I thought I should be sleeping, God thought I could use a middle-of-the-night worship session. Fast-as, bumpy-as flight-gotta love crazy wind action. I have reunited with many whenau and have many conversations waiting to be had, stories to be exchanged. God is already moving like crazy. A fresh hunger for the Word is in the air-how it fattens my Spirit and flows like liquid honey thru me.

On another note, India's been on the mind. So many memories of cramming 6 people into 1 rickshaw, dodging cows on the street, and waking up at 5am to the calls of "chai, chai, chai coffee...". But that is not what continues to grab at me. When asked to describe India I keep it simple-"chaos." That's physically and spiritually. The faces of India are so impressed in my memory, it's like it was yesterday. The crippled beggar, the shopkeepers, the scruffy but beautiful children on the street-these are God's people. The lack of light in their eyes, the hunger for real satisfaction. And revival is coming, I can feel it-for not even the highest heavens can contain the King Himself. I can't wait. 


No comments: