Tuesday, October 11, 2011

sunshine and prophecy

Well good morning, it is indeed an exceptionally swell morning as the sun is shining after a mostly rainy first week. Students are here and things are rolling, at a faster pace than I expected. People are hungry and just diving in, which is a privilege to watch and be a part of. God is on the move, as usual (pretty sure I write that in every post, but it's so true!) The first week was an intro week/crash course about YWAM, intercession/hearing God's voice, worship , community, backpacker ministry, etc. Great basics to know from the start of a DTS. I'm seeing God move thru healings, people speaking out, praying for each other, and worshipping. Goodness worship is amazing. I'm eating it up this year, more involved than I have been before and students are so keen to jump in-it's fantastic. Phenomenal. Formidable. Yup. This week we continue to dive in as we our topic is Destiny and Calling, taught by Femi Oni, a man of God from the UK with roots in Nigeria, who bursts out in prophetic stuff in the middle of a lecture sometimes-that is, if the Spirit leads Him too. And it's sweet. We have a national YWAM gathering here this weekend, which will be ridiculously awesome. So people are coming from out yonder, our base will be full and we all get to be involved serving and sitting in on lectures and such. And it will all kick off with some Maori spice-a traditional haka and a song. I am amped. So. Now that you're up to speed, I will leave you with a few prayer requests:

-continued healing for those feeling ill (spiritually/physically/emotionally)
-attitudes of grace and flexibility for the national gathering, as we are unsure exactly how the weekend will look at this point
-praise and continued prayer for open hearts, both in staff and students, to allowing God to do is thing
-UNITY!

Many blessings to you, and let me know how I can pray for you! PS: God and I both think you're pretty amazing.

No comments: