Friday, October 2, 2009

Saturday

I'm in New Zealand!!!! Got to base at midnite last nite...finally got the rest i needed and met a bunch of great people this morning. Oh, and it was so funny cuz they drive on the left here, its totally backwards i almost got into the wrong side of the van. After breakfast we walked into town, which is small and quaint, and checked out the playground! It was way cooler than any Altona playground, that's for sure! Also, there's a quaint coffee shop called "Seagers" that I need to check out yet. Appparently it's divine and the cook even had a cooking show on TV! The view is breathtaking too...behind us is the mountain and it's amazing!!!!! Soooooo pretty! And lotsa hills I'll definitely take pix yet and post them. It's really cold here right now which is a bit disappointin, but that's ok, summer's coming! It was even supposed to snow today! Apparently it DOES snow in New Zealand occasionally. (not just on the mtn!) My house is really nice too, sharing a room with 4 girls but it's spacious, and I got the one bed that's NOT a bunk bed. There's prob gonna be 15 girls in this house once everyone's here, so should be lotsa fun. Our bathroom is TINY, but how much space do you really need lol. We even have a room with just a bathtub in it! Not that I like baths...but still interesting...and a kitchen! Haha the guys have to go to the dining hall to get breakfast...anyway, I'm gonna go chill with my roomies. Later!

Rebecca

Ps: Here, shotgun=shottie

No comments: