Friday, December 4, 2009

glory of God!!!!

Hey all! This week our speaker was Dalton Lifsey from Tauranga (NZ) House of Prayer and he talked about the glory of God this week. Some of the many things that stuck with me this week:
-worship=celebrating God's glory
-God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him
-God created us for His glory (Isaiah 43:7 says: Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him.)
-God enjoys us!
-Don't run from God, run to God.
-Timothy was never comfortable in the spotlight, relied on God for boldness
-prophecy is testimony of Jesus, proclaiming His heart and backing it with Spirit power
-in the original Greek of Ephesians 1, there was no punctuation til vs 13 because Paul was writing in frantic excitement...I think that's awesome
-True praise is the external expression of internal experience of the glory of God.
-In evangelism, figure out what the appetite of the person your talking to is inclined towards
-You become what you behold (eg: if you move to the south you obtain a southern drawl after awhile)...so behold the glory of God! (2 Corinthians 3:17-18~Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
-hunger and humility are important!
-The World is Not Ending, the Age is..and New Age is coming cuz Christ is coming back!

He is an incredible young man of God whose Biblical knowledge and application really inspired me to hardcore study my Bible...throughout lectures he was quoting scripture, quoting scripture, quoting scripture. He also did a lecture "The call to be a faithful witness to the gospel thru apostolic preaching" which was sweet, hands down my favorite message I've ever heard. Here's his website if you want access to sweet stuff...http://www.daltonlifsey.com

In other news, today we went cave streaming and bouldering! Cave streaming was sweet it wasn't even cold after the first bit...the best was crawling thru a narrow dirty tunnel ending with a sweet 10 ft drop down to the stream...bouldering at Castle was fun too...didn't successfully boulder anything but definitely enjoy trying...nothin like hangin out on rock, good hold, nothing else matters but the route, chalk on your hands...i can't really put it into words, but it's sweet. Anyway, I'm gonna hang out with my roomates. Later!

No comments: