Saturday, December 5, 2009

speaking in tongues!!!!

Today I received the gift of speaking in tongues when I pray....church this morning was sweet, really felt the Holy Spirit's presence. At the end the pastor asked those who wanted to speak in tongues to step forward and receive prayer. I had been prayed over once before to speak in tongues but didn't succeed at it, but I really wanted it so I stepped up with some others and a woman from the church came and prayed for me in soft tongues. At first it was hard, took me awhile to get going, just started off praising God, talking to Him in english, and suddenly my tongue was loosed and it was incredible as it started going nuts bouncing off the roof and floor of my mouth as I quickly spewed out to God in words/sounds unknown to me, not knowing what I was saying but really feeling it deep down inside. It was so fun and it's a great tool because when I can't find words to say, tongues takes over and I kept thinking of things to pray for, starting with a sentence in english and just automatically switching. I'm really stoked because this is definitely going to help me in my prayers...it was cool too because before I came here tongues was just some biblical concept to me, it never really occurred to me that normal people nowadays can speak in tongues. Apparently the pastor touched my forehead once I got going to and was like whoa, could feel Holy Spirit presence...that's what I heard, I was totally into talking to God and have no idea what was going on around me.

Some info on tongues:
-the miraculous part isn't the act of speaking; it's the language. You speak; the Holy Spirit provides "the utterance," the words, the syllables.
-tongues is an edifying way of speaking to God
-scriptures on tongues: (Mark 16:17, Acts 2:4, 10:46, 19:6, 1 Corinthians 12, 13, 14)
-tongues releases a river of living water

Later!

No comments: