Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

Team NZ/Fiji arrived back in Oxford safe and sound last nite and found ourselves wide awake upon arrival at base to run out and greet our sisters and bros we hadn't seen for 8 weeks and excitedly sharing a zillion stories and realizing there's still so much more to share. Our last week in Fiji we moved to a different resort. After demanding new beds we enjoyed the air conditioning, tried our haggling skills at a market, saw a Fijian dance/fire show, went on a day cruise, met an English guy who wanted to learn everything about Canada, and met 2 Canadians. Jordan and I also got to pray over one of them and we have faith God will heal her. We also celebrated the end of outreach together at Hard Rock Cafe where we ate good food and too much of it. This morning getting the rest of our stuff out of storage and having options of what to wear and more than 1 clean shirt was such a blessing. It's wonderful to have it cold enough to use a sleeping bag again too. I can't emphasize enough how I learnt how little I can actually live on during outreach, and will definitely be reassezing my closet when I get home. This past week our team also watched a cool short video about the amount of noise in our lives. Here are 3 questions that stuck with me after watching the video:

-Is there such a thing as visual noise?
-Is there a connection between the amount of noise in our lives and our inability to listen to God? -Do you really believe God's voice is more interesting than the voices around you?
-Also Deuteronomy 27:9 is huge: "Then Moses and the priests said to all Israel, "Be silent, O Israel, and listen! You have now become the people of the LORD your God."

After this we split up to have some quiet time just listening to God which I really enjoyed. Here's what God told me:
-Come into the great wide open, I've got an ocean of opportunities for you
-Just jump! You already know how to swim, you'll be fine
-You have no idea how big I am. You haven't even touched how big I am
-I'm going to show you miracles

Later on in Fiji my outreach leader got a picture of me running all over the world nonstop...so thats cool, cuz I definitely think God wants me to see more of the world.

So it's definitely stuff I'm keepin in my prayers now. I'm just stoked for life, ready to go back to Canada for a bit before hopefully coming back to New Zealand. That's all for now. God Bless!

No comments: