Monday, February 22, 2010

home sweet home

After a long journey home as each flight was delayed, I arrived in Winnipeg last night to a posse of my family waiting for me. I stepped outside to a brisk winter air, which was apparently not cold at all (I did this in chacos for the record!) and was whisked away to get my well deserved A&W fix. Mozza burger, how I love thee so. After being driven home on the right side of the road I showed my family a Tim Tam slam and made sure they tried some of NZ's finest biscuits. My family all look sick, they're so ghostly pale and think I'm so dark, my hair is so long, and apparently I now have highlights in it. Late last night I enjoyed getting to sleep in my bed again. My parents were smart enough to know not to expect anything of me today and I got to sleep 14 hrs which was glorious.Later on I took my baby bro (who is now as tall as me and heavier! He's grown so much!)to hockey...back to the usual chauffeur role I guess. Oh, all you mennonites out there I also enjoyed some comsborscht again! Oh, how I missed mennonite food. It's such a strange shift to back home but it should be good. It's good to be at home where milk is cheap and plentiful, and there's always real hot chocolate in the cupboard! On a more serious note, I was reminded of a few good points as I looked through some lecture notes today:

-your passion, what drives you should be rooted in God
-Give God full on, don't just go through the motions
-it don't matter if ppl disagree with you and your opinions, just know why you believe what you believe. You best be able to explain yourself.

Here's your bone to chew on for the day:
I think you're beautiful. Yeah you! Actually, I KNOW you're beautiful! Know why? Cuz God made you that way!

Have a spectacular day! And God Bless!

No comments: