Friday, March 30, 2012

no checklist

You are a hiding place for me; You, Lord, preserve me from trouble, You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance. I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. Be not like the horse or the mule, which lack understanding, which must have their mouths held firm with bit and bridle, or else they will not come with you. (Psalm 32:7-9)

  I've just really been thinking about these verses the last few days, and getting some serious fresh revelation. I'm getting more and more addicted to chilling with God lol, esp. in the prayer room. I love the first bit about God being my hiding place, which is so true. Like it doesn't matter what craziness or chaos or whatever is going on in your life, God is a constant safe place, a refuge. And the next part of this psalm is so cool too. God is saying "I don't want to have to bridle you to get you close to me". Instead He says, "I want you to draw close to Me-scootch up close to My heart-and allow Me to direct your life from a place of intimacy and communion. Gaze upon my mouth until I speak to you." God is vying for your attention! He is waiting for you in the secret place! And He's so amazing because His arms are always open. Like this week I wasn't on top of reading my Bible and praying and stuff, but you know what? God doesn't care. I mean yes those are fantastic things to do, but God just really wants to spend time with me. He's not some immigration officer that has a checklist before He allows us to enter His country "Oh, sorry Rebecca. You didn't read your Bible today, you're being deported." That's ridiculous! We are free to hang out him whenever. He is just sitting there waiting for you! And if you're like me sometimes you're like I don't really have anything to say to Him today...but that's okay! He's the type of guy that enjoys comfortable silences also. Like today I spent a few hours in the prayer room with Him. I left my Bible behind on purpose-because I didn't want to get caught up in something I "should do". I just wanted to focus on being with Him. So I cranked on the worship music and basked in His presence. Just lay there in comfortable silence. And it was awesome. Anyway, enough of reading my blog. Go spend some time with Papa-He's waiting! Have an amazing day.

No comments: