Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yum Snickerdoodles!

Well life continues in the kitchen. And I figured since making food is such a big part of my everyday life these days perhaps I should put up some pictures and recipes and such. So. Well this was not my first baking attempt yesterday. I actually tried out a new recipe for "Triple Chunk Chocolate Muffins." Doesn't that sound heavenly? Anyway, I had them all nicely in tins and such, then thank goodness I tried the batter, which informed me that I forgot to add sugar! Close call. So it got a bit messy putting it all back into a bowl, mixing in sugar, and then putting back into muffin tins. Brushing sweat off my brow (ok not really but I gotta make this story elaborate ya know :p) I breathed a sigh of relief thinking I had saved these about-to-be heavenly muffins. I figured I'd probably have to exercise my fingers to sign billions of autographs, thats how delicious these were to be. Anyway. It flopped. I mean it still tasted fine, but did not stay together at all. So I ended up with crumbly chocolate mess. Obviously I could not serve that for tea, so I rounded up some students to polish it off for me. They enjoyed the tasty mess, whilst I threw out the recipe.

I know I know you thought this was about snickerdoodles. Okay so then yesterday evening take 2 at baking I decided to make snickerdoodles. I had never made them or tried them. But they sounded so yummy what with cinnamon sugar and all. And they turned out real well. I didn't take a picture of the ones I made, but they do look kinda like this picture I found on good ol' google. So. Alas. A recipe for you:

Snickerdoodles (makes 48 if you make them real small (ie: actually use a teaspoon to form cookie balls, I made 25)

2 3/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c white sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 190. Stir together dry ingredients. In separate bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Put teaspoonful of dough into balls and roll in cinnamon sugar.place on large papered tray and flatten a slight. Bake 8-10 min.( Then pray a little blessing over the cookies) *Next time I shall add some cinnamon sugar into the dough mix as well, I think it would add extra oomph.

Enjoy!

No comments: